Before We Visit
We will work with your provider to see what products and services are covered and provide any documentation required.
Freedom Wheels accepts most major health insurance plans, most managed care and worker compensation plans. These include:
- Aetna: Commercial and Marketplace
- Amerigroup: STAR, STAR Plus, CHIP Perniate and CHIP
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: Commercial and Marketplace
- Cigna: Commercial and Marketplace
- Community Health Choice: STAR, STAR Plus, CHIP Perniate and CHIP
- Molina: STAR, STAR Plus, CHIP Perniate and CHIP
- Medicaid: Traditional TMHP
- Superior: STAR, STAR Plus, CHIP Perniate and CHIP
- Texas Children’s Health Plan: STAR, STAR Plus, CHIP Perniate and CHIP
- United Healthcare: Commercial, Marketplace, STAR, STAR Plus, CHIP Perniate and CHIP
STAR, STAR Plus, CHIP and Medicaid are government health insurance programs for people with low incomes. Eligibility is determined by age, family size and income. For more information, visit www.YourTexasBenefits.com.
Freedom Wheels also provides services for the Independent Living Services (ILS) program which is operated by the local Houston, Brazoria and Fort Bend Centers for Independent Living. The ILS program is funded by Texas Health and Human Services to provide services that "... help people with disabilities achieve greater independence in the home and community." Products and services include vehicle modifications and durable medical equipment. Contact HCIL at 713.974.4621 to apply. https://hhs.texas.gov/services/disability/independent-living-services