Aftermarket Assistive Driving Technology
Adaptive controls or assistive driving technology are used to operate OEM automotive functions, from steering- acceleration and braking to windshield wipers, and your sound system. Depending on your physical abilities, you may have hand controls that operate with some manual effort, or you may have high-tech equipment that requires very little movement.
Freedom Wheels is co-located with Independent Driving Systems (IDS). IDS designs and manufactures a full line of after market assistive driving systems. You will find more detail on our full line of high-tech driving technology at IDS. For older hydraulic systems we work with Drive Master. Together, we can design the system that works for you and the vehicle of your choice.
Freedom Wheels also installs "low tech" equipment. This includes spinner knobs, right angle hand controls, parking brake extensions, and left food gas pedals.
Assistive Driving Technologies Include
- GEN-II™ / GEN-X™ - Reduced effort steering systems
- Gear selector and park brake
- PGB™ - control gas and brake with a joystick
- Proxima™ - tablet control of secondary features of the vehicle
- REESS™ - "multi-axis" steering
- VAS™ - simple control of 8 in-motion secondary functions
- Aux Bat - a backup battery system for all critical driving systems
- Evaluator Steering Tool™ - a quick and easy tool for evaluators to determine required steering effort
- Hand Controls: Push rock, push right angle, push pull , Spinner knobs--Knob, Tri-Pin, U or V Grip, Cuff, Amputee, Custom (A steering device designed for a specific application or driver), Palm(A steering device that wraps over the top of the hand)
- Mechanical Parking Brake Extension
- Vehicle lifts for scooters, power and manual wheelchairs
- Left foot accelerators
- Lock downs for wheelchairs and scooters
- Transfer Seats (Turning Automotive Seating, lift-up seats, and extended and lowered mobility seats)
Freedom Wheels provides a comprehensive array of complex rehab and durable medical equipment and other technologies that promote independence. This equipment and product line includes:
Equipment for Individual and Home Use
Freedom Wheels provides a comprehensive array of durable medical equipment and other technology that promote independence. This equipment and product line includes:
- Manual Wheelchairs
- Power Wheelchairs
- Stair Lifts
- Vertical Platform Lifts
- Power Assist Doors
- Standing Frames
- Adaptive Strollers
- Home & Commercial Elevators
- Ceiling Lifts
- Pool Lifts
- Recreation and exercise equipment
- Bathroom Equipment
- Bedroom Equipment
- Aids for Daily Living
- Medical Supplies
Daily Living & Rehab Supplies
There are many low tech assistive devices that can improve your ability to carry out all activities of daily living such as independent eating or grooming.
Support and Maintenance
Come in for a free consultation so we can identify the modifications and equipment you need to live independently. Call for an appointment. We are here to serve you. Our customers are our greatest asset and we are committed to doing everything we can do to make you satisfied with all of our services and products. If you are in the Houston area we offer 24 emergency assistance. Call 713-864-1460 any time of day for help.
Through our association with IDS / Drive Master we work with a national dealer network who can provide service and support for our vehicle modifications so we can assure that you will have all of your maintenance and assistance needs met in or near your community.
Through our toll free technical assistance line expert assistance on our equipment is available from 9-5 CT.